11.  What is a Letter of Creditable Coverage or Certificate of Creditable Coverage?

Our insurance administrator, BCBS of Mississippi requires this information from a previous insurance company if an employee has lost coverage and needs to enroll in health insurance coverage through DeSoto County Schools. This letter or certificate must be sent to the Employee Benefits Department along with a Change in Status form and a State of Mississippi Health Application when an employee and/or dependent have lost coverage due to a qualifying event.